Sunday School @ 9am • Sunday Service @ 10am
August 1, 2021 Bulletin
By grace alone, through faith alone, because of Christ alone
Order of Worship
Preparation for Worship
Prelude and Silent Prayer
Introit ~ “Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart”
* Hymn #103 ~ “Holy God, We Praise Your Name”
Welcome and Announcements
Adoration of God
Call to Worship: Psalm 89:5-8
* Hymn #455 ~ “And Can It Be That I Should Gain”
Anthem ~ “Rejoice in Christ, Our Cornerstone”
Confession of Sin
* Reading of the Law: Romans 12:9-13
Assurance of Pardon
Affirmation of Faith: Westminster Shorter Catechism; Q&A 79-81
79. Which is the tenth commandment?
79. The tenth commandment is: You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor’s.
80. What is required in the tenth commandment?
80. The tenth commandment requires full contentment with our own condition, and a right and charitable attitude toward our neighbor and all that is his.
81. What is forbidden in the tenth commandment?
81. The tenth commandment forbids all discontent with our own state; envying and grieving at the good of our neighbor, together with all ungoverned longings and desires for things that belong to him.
* Hymn ~ “Afflicted Saint, to Christ Draw Near”
Means of Grace
Sacrament of Baptism
Pastoral Prayer and Lord’s Prayer
Old Testament Reading: Isaiah 49:5-7
New Testament Reading: Ephesians 3:7-13
Sermon: “No More Mystery” (Colossians 1:26-29)
Hymn #565 ~ “All for Jesus!”
Response and Blessing
* Doxology to the tune of “For All the Saints” #358
Praise ye the Lord, His mighty works acclaim:
His years are endless, yet is He the same
O sing His praise, give glory to His holy name:
Alleluia, Alleluia. Amen
[* indicates to please stand]
“No More Mystery”
II. The Mystery Revealed
A. The unfolding of the “Plan”
B. He is what the OT was about
III. Application and Conclusion
A. Do you understand the mystery revealed?
B. Clues galore
Today: Nursery for children birth through three during 10am worship. Nursery open for self-serve during 8am worship.
Today: The “Worship Training Room” (across from kitchen) is available for young families (livestream available).
Communication from us? Please fill out a pink card (on Information Table)
Friday: Middle School Youth Night; 6-9pm
Adult Study: “Surprised by Suffering,” Sproul video; 5:45-8:45pm; (next 8/6)
Ladies’ Bible Study: Every other Thursday (next 8/11); 7pm; “The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment”
Men’s Fireside Theology: Discussion of Sproul’s “Everyone’s a Theologian”; every other Friday (next 8/12); 7:30pm
August 15: Pastor Henry’s Ordination
August 15: All-Church Picnic; Men’s Pie Baking Contest; Talent Show (sign up in FH)
Church Pantry: Available in kitchen
Please: Food and drink limited to Fellowship Hall. Thank you.
Next Week’s Sermon Text: Colossians 2:1-7